The undergraduate program is the only Industrial Engineering program in New Mexico accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org/.
Graduates on the NMSU Industrial Program will have an:
- Ability to apply knowledge of math, science, and engineering to practice engineering in general, and specific industrial engineering methods and techniques.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function on a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Knowledge and Understanding of the professional and ethical responsibilities of an Industrial Engineer.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of Industrial Engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning about innovations and trends in technology, industry and Industrial Engineering practice.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues in Industrial Engineering.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Use the following hyperlinks to see our:
- Self Evaluation Study document (.pdf).
- Continuous Improvement (.pdf).
- Program Educational Objectives (.pdf).
- Student Outcomes (.pdf).
- Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation in IE (.pdf).
Please email to Drs Yuli Huang, John Mullen, and Hansuk Sohn for further enquiries regarding this information.